Katana MkII takes the acclaimed Katana guitar amp series to the next level, turbocharging the core platform with more sounds, more effects, and more features. Newly voiced variations are now available for all five amp characters, doubling the tonal options. And the onboard effects categories have been expanded from three to five, providing even more real-time processing to choose from. The usability has been ramped up too, with a power amp input for modelers and multi-FX, easy stereo expansion for dual amp setups, updated editor software, and many other enhancements.
More Sounds, More Versatility
The stage-class Katana MkII lineup picks up where the first generation left off, building on the same core tones and features that have made the series such a worldwide smash. If you loved the original Katana amps, you'll love Katana MkII even more. And if you're new to the party, get ready for sound, feel, and versatility that soars far beyond its price class.
Five Amp Characters,Ten Overall Tones
Katana MkII's five primary amp characters offer everything from organic vintage tones to modern high-gain sounds, plus a dedicated voice optimized for acoustic-electric guitar. The characters have now been extended with newly voiced variations, providing a wider palette of tone options to craft your personal sound.
Five Effects At Once
Katana MkII now includes five simultaneous effects categories, putting the tone-shaping power of a massive pedalboard right inside your amp. Independent Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb sections come loaded from the factory with three variations in each, providing 15 ready-to-play effects to choose from. Connecting to BOSS Tone Studio lets you dive much deeper if you want—customize the sections with over 60 different effect types, change the order with four different chains, and much more.
Every Time You Plug In
Backed by BOSS's Tube Logic approach, Katana MkII delivers the authentic output distortion characteristics of genuine tube amplifiers, with the sound and feel becoming richer and more responsive as you turn up the volume. But unlike that classic tube amp, Katana MkII's variable Power Control makes it easy to fly in the sweet spot without getting fired from the gig or kicked out of the house. Just throttle back the overall volume as needed to enjoy inspiring, cranked-amp sound anywhere you play, from bedroom to stage.
Amplify Your External Gear
The Katana-100 MkII rocks as a standalone amp, but it also excels as a powered cabinet for a favorite preamp, modeler, or multi-effects unit. Connecting to the rear-panel Power Amp In jack bypasses Katana MkII's preamp and effects, letting you tap straight into the Tube Logic power section, complete with grab-and-go Power Control. And with BOSS Tone Studio, the input can be easily optimized for your particular gear with a high-pass filter and adjustable gain.
One-Touch Recall Of
One of the Katana-100 MkII's most powerful features is the ability to store favorite amp character and effects setups in Tone Setting memories for instant recall. After you've dialed in a sound with the panel controls, simply save it to the desired memory with a quick button hold. Eight Tone Settings (two banks of four) are available, with fast selection right from the panel. And for hands-free operation on the gig, just connect external footswitches or the GA-FC foot controller.
Stereo Made Easy
One Katana MkII sounds great, but playing two at once is even better. The new Stereo Expand feature makes linking two amps simple, with just one regular cable needed. You're able to control everything from the master Katana MkII, with stereo-compatible effects like chorus, delay, reverb, and others distributed across both amps for a wide, immersive sound field. Stereo Expand is supported on all 100-watt Katana MkII models.
Ready-To-Mix Direct Tones
The Katana-100 MkII features line, USB, and phones/recording outputs with mic'd cabinet emulation, letting you send mix-ready amp tones to a PA system, computer DAW, or headphones. The direct sound can be shaped with three different Air Feel settings, which are accessible from BOSS Tone Studio. Two-channel USB operation is supported, allowing you to track in true stereo with many of Katana's modulation, EQ, delay, and reverb effects.
Compact Gig Commander
The optional GA-FC foot controller is the perfect partner for the Katana-100 MkII. It connects with a single cable, requires no external power, and features a slim, rugged profile that takes up minimal space. With six footswitches, you can directly recall Tone Settings and independently turn the five effects sections on/off. The GA-FC also supports external footswitches and expression pedals, with default assignments that include tap tempo, bank selection, foot volume, and Pedal FX. A large variety of custom assignments are available via BOSS Tone Studio, including expression pedal control of up to three parameters at once.
BOSS Tone Studio
BOSS Tone Studio has also evolved alongside the Katana MkII amplifiers. The interface has been updated with a refreshed look, and a number of parameters have been consolidated into the main screen for faster workflow. There's also a dedicated Pedal FX category, making it easier to assign wah and pedal bend effects to a connected expression pedal. And if you're a first-gen Katana owner, it's possible to import your custom patches and use them all with Katana MkII.
- Sceneklar 100-watts comboforsterker med spesialtilpasset 12-toms høyttaler
- Tube Logic-design gir klassedefinerende kraft, autoritær punch og sylskarp tilstedeværelse
- Fem unike forsterkerkarakterer (Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown og Acoustic) i tillegg til nylig lanserte variasjoner for hver av dem
- Fem uavhengige effektseksjoner (Booster, Mod, FX, Delay og Reverb), med tre valgbare variasjoner på hver
- Dedikert Pedal FX for fotkontrollert wah og pedalbend
- Oppdatert BOSS Tone Studio-software, for å tilpasse lyden din med over 60 ulike BOSS-effekter, kanal og globale EQer, justerbar ruting og mye mer.
- Power Amp In for preamper, modelers og multieffekter
- Stereo Expand-utgang for å koble til en ekstra Katana MkII (kun 100-wattsmodeller)
- Åtte Tone Setting-minneplasser for å lagre og hente fram igjen alle forsterker- og effektsettinger
- Power Control for å få en “cranked” forsterkerlyd på lave volumer
- Tre Cab Resonance-alternativer (Vintage, Modern og Deep) som velges i BOSS Tone Studio
- Oppmikket kabinettsimulering på line-, USB- og hodetelefon-/innspillingsutgangene, med tre Air Feel-innstillinger som er tilgjengelige i BOSS Tone Studio
- Valgfri GA-FC fotkontroller gir deg komplett forsterkerkontroll, inkludert Tone Setting-valg, effekter på/av, expressionpedalkontroll m.m.
- Tilkobling for inntil to forbrytere eller en expressionpedal
- Effektloop med valgbar serie-/parallellbetjening og justerbart nivå i BOSS Tone Studio
- Proffe oppsett tilgjengelig på BOSS Tone Central